Certificate of Training and Development
Learn to Deliver High-quality, High-impact Training Programs with Kent State's Certificate in Training and Development!
The goal of the Certificate in Training and Development is to offer training and human resource development professionals a systematic method for developing effective in-house training programs.
Kent State’s Certificate of Training and Development provides you with the skills and knowledge necessary to design and deliver effective employee training programs. The comprehensive, skills-based certificate consisting of 24 contact hours of high-impact training for those in the human resources and learning and development professions. The programs include:
- High-Impact Learning – Fundamentals for Designing the Adult Learning Experience
- Each One Teach One: Engaging Employees in Experiential Learning
These programs may be taken individually for particular skill development or in the series to attain Kent State’s Certificate of Training and Development.
Learn more about the Certificate in Training and Development
Facilitator: Ned Parks
Successful course design in a short amount of time is a requirement in today’s fast-paced environment. It requires the training professionals to deliver high quality, high impact training; often with little budget and under severe time constraints. Understanding the needs of adult learners is the key to success in this process.
This full-day workshop will provide you with adult learning foundations and design skills specific for those conducting any type of training. This program is conducted in an interactive dialogue-based delivery method with practical, structured training development application. You will receive planning forms, design templates, sample room layouts and explanations the use of each one. Topics covered include:
- Understand the fundamentals of adult learning
- Design training sessions, sequencing, materials, aids and activities
- Learn why people forget and how to build retention rates
- Thursday, March 19, 2015; 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Twinsburg - 295
Facilitator: Christine Zust
This program builds on what was learned in the fundamentals for designing the learning experience program and takes a deeper look at training and instruction. You will:
- Create an inviting, supportive learning environment for effective training delivery
- Understand the role of trainer and facilitator
- Master the Somatic, Auditory, Visual, Intellectual (SAVI) adult learner mode
- Organize and deliver materials for effective learning experiences
- Review the five-step accelerated learning model (Learner Preparation, Connection, Creative Presentation/Discover, Activation, Integration)
- Apply the accelerated learning process to an existing training program or a sample instructional topic
- Tuesdays, April 14 and 21, 2015 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Twinsburg - $695