News Detail Page - DO NOT DELETE
inVision Workshop Series Call for Proposals, Fall 2014Posted Jan. 22, 2014
Alumni, faculty and professionals are encouraged to submit proposals. Workshops are held on
weekends, evenings and Fridays to accommodate our MA and MFA students. Each semester the
School of Visual Communication Design is offering a new workshop series course worth 3 credit
hours and also available not-for credit once our minimum enrollment has been established.
Each semester has a new theme and a new set of instructors. Juniors, seniors and graduate
students are encouraged to take the course and they may sign up repeatedly for these courses as
the workshops will be completely new each semester.
Proposals should include:
2. A brief description
3. List of learning outcomes
4. What students will produce - a list of specific artifacts
3. List of supplies the participants will need to bring
4. What supplies the instructor will need (include number of items and cost for each)
5. Dates and times that you are available for the workshop - please be specific
6. What type of space and amenities you will need (sinks, a projector...)
7. Would you be willing to do a second workshop?
8. How many students can you instruct in one session?
9. An estimate of travel expenses - flight, mileage and accommodations. (If coming
from a distance, for local applicants this is not necessary.)
Instructors are responsible for creating the curriculum. Materials can be a part of a course fee,
or required by students to purchase individually. Past workshops have had a fee of $30 or less
with a list of supplies.
Proposals can be submitted to Professor Gretchen Caldwell Rinnert at email@example.com with
the subject line: In-Vision Workshop Series - Proposal
Learn more and see a sample in the attached PDF.