Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Lock Shop

Services provided by our Lock team

University Facilities Management's locksmiths provide services for thousands of work requisitions and lock changes each year. The locksmiths are responsible for lock changes, re-keying, installation and repair of locks, and cutting keys.

Keys and electronic key cards are distributed through University Facilities Management's Lock Shop and can be picked up from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and noon to 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Two working days are normally required for completion of key requests. Emergency requests, however, are honored as quickly as possible.

*For hard metal keys, please include employee Banner number on work request.

Electronic Locks

Campus departments must check the Academic Building Rooms against Electronic Locks List (see link below) after rooms are assigned by Registrar or Scheduling Office to determine access needs.

Academic Building Rooms with Electronic Locks List

Classroom Master Access List

Several forms and locking plan choices are necessary for the new electronic locks. Please select ALL the following links, print out, complete, obtain proper signatures, and fax the forms to the Lock Shop at 330-672-7843.

Electronic Lock and Access PED Instruction Sheet

Electronic Lock Form A

Replacement Fees for Lost Key Cards

Effective July 1, 2012, we will begin charging back departmental indexes for lost key cards assigned to faculty and staff.  Fees will also apply for lost student cards.  Please see rate sheets below for details.

Faculty/Staff Key Card Replacement Fees

Student Key Card Replacement Fees

Broken or Damaged Key Cards

Please return all broken or damaged key cards to the University Facilities Management Lock Shop as shown below.

Broken or Damaged Key Card Instructions


For additional information:

Please email your questions/concerns/comments to the Lock Shop.

NOTE:  Select link for more information regarding details of KSU Policy 3342-5-12.403,
Operational procedures and regulations regarding schedule of use and closed periods for buildings of the university

For instructions on the appropriate method to initiate a work order, please contact University Facilities Management by calling 330-672-2345.