We hold training sessions once a month for new users, users wanting a refresher and those seeking more advanced knowledge. Web team also offers weekly office hours for questions and individualized help is also available.
Upcoming Training Dates
Beginner training is best for those who have never used CommonSpot. It's recommended that all new users attend one Beginner Training session. Be sure to also review the CommonSpot manual before attending.
- Sept. 25; 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Oct. 30; 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- Dec. 5; 1-3 p.m.
In Person Beginner Training (2 Hours, In-Person)
- Intended for those who would like a guided, hands-on training experience - especially those who are not as experienced with web editing
- Introduction to Content Management, CommonSpot and Web Editing
- Basic Editing for Existing Pages - Overview (Tools: Text, Images, Publishing Pages)
- Basic Editing for Existing Pages - Hands On (Practice Website)
- Adding New Content and Pages - Overview (Tools: Bulleted Lists, Links, QuickLinks, Layouts)
- Adding New Content and Pages - Hands On (Practice Website)
- Setting Up Navigation and Subsites
- Next Steps for Your Website