Audio Visual presentation, television and computer equipment, materials, media, production services and support available at the Circulation Desk on the first floor of the University Library.
Location: First floor University Library
Location: 131 Moulton Hall
Educational Technology provides technological and pedagogical support for teaching, research and service and provides instructional design, digital video and graphics production and programming for university-wide new media initiatives. The center promotes computer literacy and expertise at Kent State University by providing hands-on group instruction in emerging technologies to faculty. Workshop topics include basic software applications such as WebCT, Dreamweaver and Excel, as well as more advanced topics in cooperation with the Faculty Professional Development Center.
Location: 213A Art Building
Valora Renicker, Creative Director
Glyphix is a student design and illustration studio concentrating on visual communication design. It is based at Kent State University and provides services primarily for nonprofit organizations, such as hospitals, schools, public agencies, etc. Glyphix operates on a fee-for-service basis. Glyphix produces print materials such as annual reports, magazines, brochures and electronic materials such as Web sites, CD-ROMs and videos for its clients.
Created in 1973, Glyphix was one of the first such programs in the United States and the prototype for many student work-study design groups now existing on university campuses throughout the country. The staff is composed of eight to 10 senior and/or graduate students in the Visual Communication Design program.
If you choose to use Glyphix to design promotional materials for your department, be sure to consult with University Communications and Marketing to ensure visual and editorial standards are met and to coordinate printing.
Signum Design Studio
Location: Cyber Café, Kent Student Center
The Signum Design Studio is a student-run design firm that executes visual communication designs by using the latest in computer applications and techniques. The firm offers one-on-one consultations and competitive prices. Services include illustrations, brochure design, programs and more.
If you choose to use Signum Design Studio to design promotional materials for your department, be sure to consult with University Communications and Marketing to ensure visual and editorial standards are met and to coordinate printing.
Instructional Resource Center
Location: 221 White Hall
The Instructional Resource Center:
- provides and maintains digital connectivity for all College of Education, Health and Human Services faculty, staff and students;
- provides resources and leadership to support faculty development of new applications of technology; provides support for distance learning, including video conferencing and web-based instruction;
- provides support services to other programs in the college preparing educators for nonschool settings; provides liaisons with the University Library and other technology units and participate with these units in planning and using new technological capabilities;
- provides exemplary programs of the media services as a model for schools and other institutions.
Location: 138 E. Main St., Ste. 203, Kent, OH 44240
Evan Bailey, Operations Manager
IdeaBase is a student-run, full-service integrated marketing communications firm located in downtown Kent. The firm works with a mix of local, regional, national and global clients.
IdeaBase offer hands-on experience that prepares students for lifelong success. The firm is essentially a stepping stone from the college experience to a full-time career in the field. Student employees learn to meet and exceed the dynamic demands of clients and managers on a regular basis. They work on real campaigns for real clients.
We partner with clients to build comprehensive integrated marketing communications ranging from multimedia brand awareness programs to target-specific new product projects. Our capabilities include but are not limited to:
- Strategic marketing planning
- Market research
- Concepts and design for ads, brochures, direct mail, logos and identity development
- Broadcast including radio and television spots
- Web design/redesign and implementation
- Media planning and placement
- Public relations and media relations
In addition, we are fortunate to be a part of a thriving university with amazing resources and would welcome the opportunity to integrate some of the university's unique marketing tools such as usability computer test lab (ScanPath), state-of-the-art focus group suite and experienced TeleProductions crew and equipment.
Location: C-105 Music and Speech Center, 1325 Theatre Drive
Mark Bussey, Director of Technology and TeleProductions
TeleProductions hires students to work as production assistants, giving them the opportunity to write, edit, produce, and work on many projects giving them unique opportunities not found in the classroom. TeleProductions also offers production training for students every Friday from 2pm-5pm throughout the semester. Every major is welcome, and interested parties should contact Mark Warzinski at email@example.com.
TeleProductions' work includes, but is not limited to:
- Live production of university events
- Marketing and promotional videos
- Mid-American Conference (MAC) football and basketball games for ESPN and other networks
- Custom graphics and animations
- Classroom video production, distance learning
- Engineering and custom designed video learning centers
- Media Training
- Live web streaming
- Live remote broadcast productions with the new high-definition satellite uplink/production truck