Transient Students - If you are a current Kent State student planning to take courses at another institution as a guest or transient student be sure to follow these steps.
- Check out the Transfer Credit Guide to see how your classes transfer to KSU.
- Visit GPS and get program Roadmaps for KSU majors, minors and certificates.
- Be sure to review the rules for receiving transfer credit by reading the transient form instructions, the transfer FAQs, or reviewing the Undergraduate Catalog. Also review the directions included with the transient application.
- Read the Directions for Completing the Application for Transient Coursework. Complete the appropriate sections of the Application for Transient Coursework, then see your advisor to finalize the form.
- Meet with an academic advisor in your college and complete the Undergraduate Application for Transient Work at Another College or University. Make an advising appointment via your Student Tools tab in Flashline or by visiting the Kent State Advising link.
- Visit Student Financial Aid to access and complete the AD Hoc Consortium Agreement Form.
- If you will take advantage of one of Kent State's Education Abroad Programs, you may need to complete the Undergraduate Application for Transient Work at Another College or University. Visit Education Abroad for more information.
- If you will be participating in the National Student Exchange program, you will complete a Transient Application with your academic advisor or the Program Coordinator. Visit National Student Exchange for more information.
Be sure to have an official transcript sent to the Office of Admissions on the campus you attend.
(330) 672-2444 Toll free: 1-800-988-KENT
Click here for directions
P.O. Box 5190-0001
Kent, OH 44242
3300 Lake Road West
Ashtabula, OH 44004
East Liverpool Campus
400 East 4th St
East Liverpool,OH 43920
14111 Claridon-Troy Road
Burton, OH 44021
2491 St. Rt. 45 S
Salem, OH 43920
6000 Frank Ave NW
North Canton, OH 44720
4314 Mahoning Ave NW
Warren, OH 44483
330 University Drive NE
New Philadelphia, OH 44663
- Check your kent.edu mailbox. When your transient credit has been added to your Kent State record, you will receive an email from the Transfer Center.