Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Transient Students

Transient Students - If you are a current Kent State student planning to take courses at another institution as a guest or transient student be sure to follow these steps.

  • Check out the Transfer Credit Guide to see how your classes transfer to KSU. 
  • Visit GPS and get program Roadmaps for KSU majors, minors and certificates.
  • Be sure to review the rules for receiving transfer credit by reading the transient form instructions, the transfer FAQs, or reviewing the Undergraduate Catalog. Also review the directions included with the transient application.
  • Read the Directions for Completing the Application for Transient Coursework. Complete the appropriate sections of the Application for Transient Coursework, then see your advisor to finalize the form.
    1. Application for Transient Coursework
  • Meet with an academic advisor in your college and complete the Undergraduate Application for Transient Work at Another College or University. Make an advising appointment via your Student Tools tab in Flashline or by visiting the Kent State Advising link.
  • Visit Student Financial Aid to access and complete the AD Hoc Consortium Agreement Form.
  • If you will take advantage of one of Kent State's Education Abroad Programs, you may need to complete the Undergraduate Application for Transient Work at Another College or University. Visit Education Abroad for more information.
  • If you will be participating in the National Student Exchange program, you will complete a Transient Application with your academic advisor or the Program Coordinator. Visit National Student Exchange for more information.

    Be sure to have an official transcript sent to the Office of Admissions on the campus you attend.

    Kent Campus
    (330) 672-2444  Toll free: 1-800-988-KENT
    Click here for directions
    P.O. Box 5190-0001
    Kent, OH 44242
    Ashtabula Campus
    3300 Lake Road West
    Ashtabula, OH 44004
    (440) 964-3322
    East Liverpool Campus
    400 East 4th St
    East Liverpool,OH 43920
    (330) 385-3805
    Geauga Campus
    14111 Claridon-Troy Road
    Burton, OH 44021
    (440) 834-4187
    Salem Campus
    2491 St. Rt. 45 S
    Salem, OH 43920
    (330) 332-0361
    Stark Campus
    6000 Frank Ave NW
    North Canton, OH 44720
    (330) 499-9600
    Trumbull Campus
    4314 Mahoning Ave NW
    Warren, OH 44483
    (330) 847-0571
    Tuscarawas Campus
    330 University Drive NE
    New Philadelphia, OH 44663
    (330) 339-3391
  • Check your mailbox.  When your transient credit has been added to your Kent State record, you will receive an email from the Transfer Center.