Transfer Kent State: Orientation, Advising and Registration FAQs
- What is Transfer Kent State?
TKS is a required orientation, advising and registration program for incoming, admitted transfer students with 30 earned credit hours or less upon admission. The program is designed to help students make a smooth transition to Kent State University.
- What are the dates for TKS?
Program dates are November 24th, December 15th and January 6th. Registration is currently available via the registration link in the emailed invitation you will receive. Check-in begins at 12:30 p.m. in the Kent Student Center, Governance Chambers. Students who do not complete the ALEKS placement assessment by their orientation date, if required, will need to check in at 11:00 a.m. You should plan to be on campus until 5:00 p.m., but it is possible you will be finished earlier.
- How do I register for TKS?
Once you have been accepted to Kent State, you should set up your Flashline account. Within your account will be a "Next Steps" checklist. Once your transfer credit evaluation has been completed, students required to attend TKS will have a checklist item informing them of their status and a link to register for the program. Registration is currently available via the registration link in the emailed invitation you will receive.
- Is there a fee?
There is no fee for attending TKS. However, you can secure your place as an incoming transfer student by paying your $95 enrollment fee prior to your orientation. The fee is due by January 3, 2015. Participation in TKS is not dependent on whether you have paid the fee yet. You will be able to pay your fee online via your "Next Steps" student checklist in your Flashline account. You can also pay your fee in person during TKS.
- What will happen at TKS?
During the program, admitted students will meet with an academic advisor, review their transfer credit, register for classes, get their Kent Flashcard (ID), get financial aid and payment information as well as participate in an optional "Find My Class" activity. We also encourage students and guests to visit vibrant downtown Kent
- Where should I park?
Participants can park in the guest lot in front of the Kent Student Center. If that lot is full, park in the Commuter “C” lot off of West Campus Center Drive. You will receive a temporary parking pass in your email that you submitted when you applied to Kent State. The parking pass must be displayed on your dashboard and visible to the parking lot attendant upon your exit.
- How should I prepare for my TKS visit?
Prior to attending TKS, admitted students should:
- Set up your Flashline account. The information you need to do this is in your Admission letter or call 330 672-HELP.
- Submit most recent/final transcripts for all previously attended institutions to Admissions.
- Submit AP, PSEOP, Military, Credit by Exam or CLEP credit prior to your visit.
- If you need to change your major, call the Admissions office at 1 800 988-KENT.
- Take all necessary placement assessments available in your Flashline account. Your "Next Steps" checklist will indicate which assessments you are required to complete. You can read more about assessments on the Transfer Student FAQs, #3.
- Review your GPS degree audit in your Flashline account.
- What should I bring to TKS?
- Official, (sealed) final transcripts if available or current course schedule if you are taking classes at time of TKS visit.
- Official/valid picture I.D. to get your Kent Flashcard (KSU ID).
- Any paperwork or payments you want to complete such as shot records, Transfer Enrollment fee, residence hall fees or tuition payment.
- Can my parents come with me?
Yes, although not required, transfer students can bring up to two guests. However, parents or guests are not to attend any academic advising sessions. Be sure to indicate how many guests you are bringing when you register.
- Will meals be provided?
TKS will provide light refreshments at check-in.
- I have more questions, whom should I contact?
If you have questions that are not covered in this FAQ, email the Transfer Center at email@example.com or call us at 330 672-8950.