Kent State - VITA
Prepare your own taxes anytime you would like!!
US citizens, Greencard holders and Resident aliens who have gross income of $52,000 or less with a basic tax return may prepare the 2013 tax return using HR Block software. Start your return now at www.myfreetaxes.com\kentvita. Click the yellow "File Now" icon to get your free return started.
Nonresident Alien taxpayers may also prepare the tax return at any time using Glacier Tax Prep. Guidance for Nonresident alien taxpayers is found at http://bit.ly/VITANRA.
Kent State - VITA provides tax preparation assistance to low-to moderate-income taxpayers, including non-residents of the United States. To qualify to receive free tax preparation services, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Total household income (wages and other earnings of both spouses, if joint filing) of $52,000 or less
2. Have income & earnings that the IRS VITA program allows us to prepare
For additional information, contact Paula DiVencenzo at 330-672-8622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Return Dates - Walk in or By Appt.
* March 15, 2014
* April 5, 2014
Saturday sessions are held from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Note: There are two other sites in the Summit/Portage County area:
RAVENNA, OH Phone: 330-297-6400
AKRON VITA: CALL 1-866-861-6401
VITA SITE LOCATOR: http://irs.treasury.gov/freetaxprep/
Make an appointment - US citizens and resident aliens ONLY
Items you need to bring
To have your tax return(s) prepared at a VITA or TCE site you need to bring the following information with you:
- Proof of identification – Picture ID
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or
- Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
Site Location-Saturday Sessions
The Kent State - VITA Saturday Sessions are held in the computer labs in the Kent State library. The library is located at 1125 Risman Drive. Parking is available by meter or in the pay lot off Risman Drive.
We will have signs to guide you to the site, both outside and inside of the building.
Your Civil Rights are protected. We will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. For more information, please see IRS Publication 4481.
Kent State Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
COMMUNITY LEGAL AID
If you cannot pay your taxes due to hardship, you can contact the hotline for free legal aid.
Tel: (800) 998-9454