GED United Scholars - Minutes
June 1, 2010
Present: Heidi Bauer, Jenifer Blankenship, Mindy Darrow, Nancy Auquilla de C., Jeannette J. Rodhe, Joshua Hamilton.
Absent: Henry Hall
- · Introduction of students
- · Issues with registration
- · Use of web for communication, facebook, twitter, Kent state web site.
- · It is necessary to change constitution of Gus organization.
- · What is the vice president job?
- · Newsletter
- · Technology manager
- · June 30 last day for Heidi Bauer
- · Send to us one page calendar
- · None officer member view
- · Gus logo and phrase with G.E.D. "It's not where you were is what were you're going"
- · Flier with logo
- · For the future have an office but apply early
- · Have web page, chat room, groups to chat with each other.
- · Have poetry group again? schedule room, refreshments, bring author
- · Couple months spend for one day event
- · Save date for homecoming in October
- · Think of a theme for the parade
- · Look for space for the events in Kent
- · Volunteer for the community
- · How to pay for things? Some suggestions are yard sale, community sale, church sale, spaghetti dinner
- · When is the next meeting, in one month
- · Take emptied ink cartridge and get money
- · Ask people for donations
- · We can go some place for next meeting because of nice weather, bring a cover dish, place will be announce.
- · Next meeting Tuesday July 13, 3:00 p.m.
Minutes by Nancy Auquilla de C.