Alpha Kappa Delta (AKD), Theta Chapter International Sociology Honor Society
Alpha Kappa Delta is an international honors society for undergraduate and graduate students. Alpha Kappa Delta recognizes students with outstanding academic achievements in the field of Sociology, and is an organization dedicated to promoting, facilitating, and recognizing academic scholarship.
The Kent State Chapter of AKD iscommitted to honoring the tradition of excellence in Sociology. In the 2007-2008 year, we began expanding our activities and inviting current members to become actively involved in AKD events. We are increasing our outreach to local communities, and we are working to engage students in the study of Sociology.
Interested in joining? The minimum requirements for are:
- Must be an officially declared sociology major or demonstrate a serious interest in sociology within an official program of the host institution.
- Must be at least a junior (third year) by standards of the host institution.Grade point average of 3.0 or above in Sociology courses.
- Must have accumulated the equivalent of an overall GPA of 3.0 (by a four point scale where: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0) and rank in the top 35% of their class in general scholarship.
- Must have maintained the equivalent of a 3.0 GPA in sociology courses taken at the host institution prior to initiation.
- Must have completed at least four regular courses in sociology prior to initiation (exclusive of extension or courses graded pass/fail).
AKD hosts an induction ceremony every spring.
If you have questions or ideas you would like to share, please contact us:
President: Brooke L. Long - email@example.com
Vice President: Fritz W. Yarrison - firstname.lastname@example.org
Social Chair: Bobbi Reidinger - email@example.com
Treasurer: Austin Johnson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Rebecca Myer - email@example.com
Faculty Advisor: Dr. Lauren Porter - firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the main Alpha Kappa Delta website