Online CITI training is required for ALL KSU researchers conducting human subject research. This includes:
- Principal investigators and co-investigators
- Faculty advisors for students conducting research.
- Faculty requiring students to conduct research for a course.
- Visiting scholars
Information about CITI training
- Training is valid for 3 years.
- The training is free when you register and become affiliated with Kent State University.
- Submit a copy of the CITI completion certificate with your IRB application.
- NIH training taken within 3 years can fulfill the CITI requirement. You must submit a NIH training completion certificate with the IRB application.
CLICK HERE FOR CITI LOGIN AND REGISTRATION
Instructions for CITI training:
- Register and choose Kent State University as your affiliation.
- Choose Human Subjects from the list of training topics. (Note: RCR training is only required for post-doctoral fellows, graduate assistants and undergraduate students that are a funded or seeking funding from NSF.)
- Choose the an Investigator group that best describes your role and the type of human subject activities you will conduct.
- Biomedical Research Investigators: Choose this module to satisfy CITI training requirements for Biomedical research with human subjects. You should complete this training if you are listed on an IRB application as a Principal Investigator, Faculty advisor, Student conducting thesis or dissertation research, Co-Investigator, or key personnel for a Biomedical research study.
- Social & Behavioral Research Investigators: Choose this module to satisfy CITI training requirements for Social and Behavioral research with human subjects. You should complete this training if you are listed on an IRB application as a Principal Investigator, Faculty advisor, Student conducting thesis or dissertation research, Co-Investigator, or key personnel for a Social & Behavioral research study.
- IRB Members: This Basic Course is appropriate for IRB or Ethics Committee members.
- Students conducting no more than minimal risk research - Choose this group to satisfy CITI training requirements for completing a class project to be presented only in the classroom (this training is not for Students conducting practicum, thesis or dissertation research).
To complete a CITI refresher course because your training has expired:
- Log into CITI training site.
- Click on Add a Course or update your learner groups for Kent State University.
- Choose the HUMAN SUBJECTS radio button then click Next.
- Choose (Social & Behavioral Research Investigators or Biomedical Investigators) radio button then click Next. The Refresher course will be added to the "My Courses" section.