In compliance with federal regulations, research involving the use of animals conducted at Kent State University must be reviewed by the IACUC. In addition, all personnel working on projects that involve the use of animals must complete the following online training programs before IACUC approval is granted:
**For Additional Assistance Regarding the E-Learning Website Please Visit the help page
| 1. ONLINE Occupational Health and Safety Training
- Visit the Kent State University E-Learning website.
- Log in to the E-Learning Portal (For additional details about logging on to, and navigating through the training visit our help page).
- Click on "Take a Course".
- Select the course titled "IACUC Occupational Health and Safety Program".
- Complete the course by reviewing all of the pages and scoring a 70% or higher on the final quiz.
- Select either "I want to receive a health evaluation at the DeWeese Health Center (recommended)" or "I do not want to receive a health evaluation at the DeWeese Health Center".
To receive a health evaluation, follow these steps:
- Schedule an appointment at the DeWeese Health Center - 330-672-2322.
- Take a copy of your immunization record to your appointment.
- Take a copy of the Animal Care and Use Health Questionnaire to your appointment. DeWeese Health Center keeps the Animal Care and Use Questionnaire for inclusion into your files. The Compliance Office will confirm your participation with DeWeese Health Center.
|2. CITI Animal Care and Use Training
Information about CITI training
- Training is valid for 3 years.
- The training is free when you register and become affiliated with Kent State University.
- Register and choose Kent State University as your affiliation (if you already have a CITI account you should use your existing log in information).
- Select Kent State University Courses then select Add a Course or Update Learner Groups.
- Choose Lab Animal Research from the list of training topics and select next.
- Choosing modules:
- All personnel must complete:
- "Working with the IACUC"
- Species/Model Specific Modules: please select the species that you will be working with.
- Other modules that may be required:
- If you plan to work on a study that has the potential to cause "more than momentary pain and distress (D and E projects)", please select and complete this module.
- If you plan to work on a study that requires aseptic surgery on animals, please select and complete this module.