Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Update Student Personal Information


Students requesting a change of name must be currently enrolled and must present a photo ID as well as legal documentation, such as a court order, marriage license, birth certificate, or an adoption order to the Office of the University Registrar. You may access the form by clicking here.  Complete it and return to the Office of the University Registrar. All requests for personal data changes must be accompanied by the required legal documentation. All photocopies of documents must be notarized for authenticity.

Note to currently enrolled students who are also employed in some capacity by KSU: 
You must provide the above documentation along with a copy of your social security card for HR requirements.


It is the responsibility of the student to update or correct their address information through FlashFAST. Every student must have a permanent address on file.

Log into FlashLine (link in top right corner) and click on the My Account tab to access the Update Personal Information channel.  Use the links in this channel to view and update addresses currently listed in the student information system.  Students can update permanent, local, billing, diploma, and emergency contact addresses. 

Be advised that only one of the following phone numbers will appear in the Online Phone Directory.  This is determined by the following hierarchy: 

1. Campus Hall Residence Phone Number, if none available then,

2. Local Phone Number, if none available then,

3. Cell Phone Number, if none available then,

4. Permanent Phone Number

If you wish to remove your phone number from appearing in the online Phone Directory, access the Update Addresses and Phones link on your My Account page and click in the Unlisted in Web Directory box for each phone number you want unlisted.


All currently enrolled students are assigned a KSU E-mail account, which is the official University means of communication. Students are responsible for all information sent to them via their University assigned account. Please check your e-mail often through FlashLine (link in top right corner).  Log into FlashLine  and click on the My Account tab to access the Update Personal Information links to view and update additional e-mail addresses and your personal web page.


By entering Emergency Contact information, you are telling KSU who we should contact in case you become ill or incapacitated at KSU. To update emergency contact information, log into FlashLine and click on the My Account tab.  Access the Emergency Contact links under the Update Personal Information channel.

FlashALERTS is Kent State's official emergency text notification system to alert students, faculty and staff of critical information no matter what time it is or where they are in the world.   To sign up for FlashALERTS, log into FlashLine and click on the My Account tab.  In the Other Account Access channel, click on the FlashALERTS link to process your request.