Withdrawal From Any Or All Courses
Withdrawal from any or all courses is permitted through the 10th week of the semester (or the prorated deadline for flexibly scheduled sections). After that time, students are considered to be committed to all remaining courses and must complete them. If students are unable to complete the semester because of extreme circumstances that first occur after the deadline, students should consult their college or campus dean's office. Any course withdrawal(s) processed after the second week of the full semester will appear on the students' academic record with a grade of "W".
- No approval is required to withdraw from a course during the withdrawal period. A "hold" on your record will prevent you from processing course withdrawal(s) until all holds are cleared.
- To withdraw from courses, login to FlashLine (link is on top right corner) and click on the Student Tools and Courses tab. Then, click on the Add or Drop a Class link. Choose the appropriate option from the Action drop down box for the selected course(s).
- NOTE: If class beginning and/or ending dates are other than the regular session dates for a term, course withdrawal deadlines may be different. For these flexibly scheduled classes, you may determine the course withdrawal deadlines by clicking on the CRN links on your Student Printable Schedule in FlashLine or by accessing the Detailed Class Search from the Schedule of Classes. After locating the course, click on the "Registration Deadlines" link to determine course specific dates. You may also contact the Registrar's Office at 330-672-3131 for assistance.
- Financial aid recipients must be aware that repeating a course, dropping a course, or withdrawing from a course can adversely affect their financial aid eligibility in a given term or their eligibility to receive aid in the future. Visit the Aid Recalculation Due to Enrollment Activities page on the Student Financial Aid website for more information.
- Course withdrawal may impact degree progress. Therefore, consult with your advisor prior to processing your course withdrawal.
- Any applicable refund will be based solely on the date the course withdrawal transaction is completed on the registration system. Please refer to the Bursar's website (See Quick Links).
- Click here to access the Registrar Important Dates and Events by Term for published deadlines.
Petition for Exception to Registration
Use the Petition for Exception to Registration Form when requesting registration/schedule adjustment transactions to your class schedule after published University deadlines for the class(es). Access the Detailed Class Search from the Schedule of Classes. After locating the course, click on the "Registration Deadlines" link to determine course specific dates.