- Adventure Center
- Crooked River Adventures
- Fitness and Wellness
- Ice Arena
- Youth Programs
- Black Squirrel 5k Race
- Bowman Cup 5k Race
- 15 Year Anniversary
- Member Services
- Online Registration
Rules and Regulations:
How to Register
Recreational Services accepts program registration in person, by phone and via our website for most programs. Phone and web registrations must be paid for with a credit card. Be sure to call the SRWC at 330-672-4732 to verify that space is still available for the program you have chosen.
- Intramural sports and community leagues require in-person registration. Please stop in the Pro Shop for the appropriate registration form.
- You may only register yourself and your legal dependents for programs.
- Members who qualify for any discounted rate must present proper ID to receive the discount.
- Check out our online registration system. To access this system, you need to get a user ID and password from the Pro Shop. You may call or stop by to get this information.
Nonmembers may register for most of the programs offered. After registering, nonmembers will receive a receipt that will be valid for entry to the building and to the specific activity area for the program. A photo ID must be presented at the welcome desk. Nonmembers who register for a community league that takes place indoors will receive a punch pass for entry to the SRWC.
Waiting lists are created for all programs that are full. All participants will be contacted prior to the start of program for enrollment verification. No payment is needed to be placed on the waiting list. If space opens up for the class, participants will be contacted in the order in which they were placed on the waiting list.
All participants are encouraged to consult with a physician before beginning any new exercise program. A physician’s clearance may be required before allowing registration for some programs.
Most programs are open to everyone, unless otherwise noted (exceptions are intramural sports and sport clubs). SRWC members and Kent State students receive discounted rates on all programs and activities.
To receive the discounted member rate for a program, you must be a member for the duration of the program. If your facility membership expires midway through a program, you will have the option of renewing your membership or paying the additional nonmember fee.
A photo ID is required when registering for a program and all participants with passes (when applicable) must present photo ID and pass when entering each class session. Sharing of passes is not allowed.
- In order to participate in advanced level classes, you must have taken the required prerequisites.
- Participants cannot make up missed classes by attending other classes. Transfers to other classes are not permitted.
- Some programs (i.e. adventure trips and intramural sports) have pre-program meetings that are required to be eligible for the activity.
- Payment and participation in a certification course does not guarantee certification. All skills must be successfully completed in order to gain certification.
- Participants should meet at the designated area to begin class. Classes will start promptly at the scheduled time. Participants enrolled in First Aid/CPR/AED classes or Group X classes who are more than 10 minutes late will not be permitted to enter the class.
- Entry to Group X classes (with a valid pass) is on a first come, first serve basis.
We reserve the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment. If a program is cancelled by the department for any reason, all participants will receive a full refund. If a class is cancelled, all participants will be contacted 24 hours prior to the scheduled start of class. Program dates, times, locations and instructors are subject to change.
Some programs will operate on abbreviated schedules during university break periods and holidays. Schedule changes will be posted in the activity area and on our website.
All programs are cancelled anytime the Kent Campus cancels classes. For weather-related cancellations when class is in session, the decision is made, when possible, by 4 p.m. on the day of the program. Please call to find out if a game is cancelled. Most other activities and events will take place at the SRWC as scheduled even when school is closed. Please check our website for full details when applicable.
By their nature, activities that take place in outdoor settings tend to be affected by weather. In order to ensure safety and maximize the participant experience, we reserve the right to utilize comparable, alternative locations and, if necessary, to adjust start and end times. These changes, if any, will be covered in the mandatory pre-trip meetings.
- Full refunds are given for any program cancelled by Recreational Services.
- Please allow two weeks for processing refunds.
- No refunds are given for cancellation by participants.
- No refunds are given for unlimited or punch passes.
- Massage appointments must be cancelled four hours prior to appointment time to avoid full charge for the appointment.
- All no-show appointments (for massage, fitness assessments, etc) will be billed the full amount of the visit.