Subject Librarian for:
- Special Collections and Archives
Oversees and administers all departmental functions including collection development, donor relations, research and reference services, instructional services, collection processing, and programming.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Gilgenbach, Cara. Publishers' Canvassing Books in Special Collections and Archives. Kent, OH: Kent State University Libraries, 2012.
- Paschen, Stephen H. and Cara Gilgenbach. “Historical Convergence: The Kent State University Centennial and May 4 40th Anniversary.” The Ohio Archivist. (Fall 2010): 7-11.
- Gilgenbach, Cara, Amy McCrory, and David Gaj. “The OhioLINK EAD FACTORy: Consortial Creation and Delivery of EAD.” Archival Issues. 31:2 (2007, ie. 2010): 151-170.
- Gilgenbach, Cara and Theresa Walton. Kent State University Athletics. Images of Sports series. Chicago: Arcadia Publishing, 2008. 128pp.
- Gilgenbach, Cara. “The Borowitz True Crime Collection” and “Kent State University Special Collections Profile” in Celebrating Research: Rare and Special Collections from the Membership of the Association of Research Libraries. Washington, DC: Association of Research Libraries, 2007.
- Keller, Dean H. and Cara Gilgenbach. A Catalogue of the B. George Ulizio Collection in the Kent State University Libraries. New Castle, DE and Kent, OH: Oak Knoll Press and Kent State University Libraries and Media Services, 2006. 246pp.
- Encoded Archival Description (EAD)
- Special Collections and Archives Librarianship
- History of KSU Athletics
- Women's Studies
- OhioLINK EAD Task Force
- Society of Ohio Archivists
- Society of American Archivists
- American Library Association
- Association of College and Research Libraries, Rare Books and Manuscripts Section