Pi Sigma Alpha
Welcome to the homepage of the Kent State University chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha, the Political Science National Honor Society. Pi Sigma Alpha proudly recognizes students of political science who excel academically, and offers opportunities for continued study and experience in their field of study.
Congratulations to the 2012-2013 inductees to
the KSU chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha
Members of the KSU chapter of Pi Sigma Alpha receive recognition for their achievements, as well as all of the benefits of membership in the National Honor Society. These include eligibility for competitive, members-only scholarships for graduate study and internships in Washington D.C., and awards for exceptional academic work. Updates on activities and programs sponsored by the National Honor Society are available in the Pi Sigma Alpha newsletter.
Applications for the KSU Pi Sigma Alpha chapter can be downloaded by clicking below and submitted via email to the chapter advisor, Prof. Julie Mazzei, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The next applications are due October 4th, 2013. Students who meet the eligibility requirements will be inducted into the Honor Society at a recognition dinner following Spring Break.
Eligibility requirements for the Kent State University chapter include:
- Political Science or International Relations major or minor
- Completion of half of the credit hours required by the University for an undergraduate degree
- Accumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Political Science GPA of at least 3.2
- GPA which falls within the top 1/3 in class rank
- 12 hours of Political Science, 3 hours must be at 3000 level or higher and these hours must be completed before the semester in which the application is being made
- Recommendation of 2 faculty members, at least one must have taught the applicant
- $55.00 one-time Membership Fee, paid upon acceptance
- Students must also be in the top third of their graduating class.
Students can direct questions to the Pi Sigma Alpha advisor, Prof. Julie Mazzei.