University policy regarding emergency management plan
(1) Preparedness to cope with the effects of a disaster includes many diverse but interrelated elements, which must be woven into an integrated emergency management system involving all departments of the university, other public and support agencies, plus the individual citizen.
(2) The emergency management plan is a statement of policy and procedures regarding emergency management and assigns tasks and responsibilities to university officials specifying, and in some cases, redefining their roles during emergency or disaster situations.
(B) Proclamation of a university emergency.
(1) The president is ultimately responsible for initiating a response to the threat to lives and property in an emergency or disaster situation; therefore, the president or designee is authorized by the Kent state university emergency proclamation.
(2) The proclamation of a university emergency is a statement that the president of the university or designee has invoked those portions of the Revised Code which are applicable to the emergency situation. In addition, the president has put into full force and effect and Kent state university, Kent campus, the exercise of all necessary emergency authority for responding to the threat to lives and property on the Kent campus and the restoration of normal university operations with minimal interruption.
(3) With the issuance of a Kent state university emergency proclamation, all officers and employees of Kent state university are hereby directed to exercise the utmost diligence in the discharge of duties required of them for the duration of the emergency, and the execution of emergency laws, regulations, and directives -- state and local.
(4) All members of the university community including students, faculty, staff, and visitors are called upon and directed to comply with necessary emergency measures, to cooperate with university officials, other public officials, and disaster services operatives in executing emergency operational plans and to obey and comply with the lawful directions of properly identified officers.
Effective: June 1, 2007
Prior Effective Dates: 5/22/1991, 12/5/1994, 10/3/2005