Operational procedures and regulations regarding wild and domestic animals in the Kent student center
(A) No animals, with the exception of guide dogs for the blind, are permitted in the Kent student center.
(B) The admittance of animals must be restricted because of the possible health, sanitation, safety, and noise problems related to allowing animals in the student center.
(1) Some animals carry diseases and infestations that are communicable to man.
(2) Some animals can and will inflict bites or wounds on human beings.
(3) Some persons fear various kinds of animals and these persons should not have to be confronted with these pets while utilizing Kent student center facilities.
(4) Some animals make noise which can disturb the peace, especially barking dogs in meeting and office areas.
(5) Animals create sanitation problems.
(6) There are several food service operations in the Kent student center which must be protected against the entrance of animals, not only out of courtesy to customers eating in those facilities, but also because of the sanitation problem and to comply with the statutes of the state of Ohio relating to sanitation.
Effective: June 1, 2007
Prior Effective Dates: 11/3/1973