Corrections Training Information
Classes held at Trumbull Campus ONLY
Please be aware: There is no open enrollment for Corrections Training Programs. All students must work within or be assigned to an adult full service corrections facility inspected by the Bureau of Adult Detention.
Juvenile Detention Facilities and privately operated facilities are not included as facilities wherein these rules apply.
Course runs eight (8) weeks. Classes are held Monday - Friday at Kent State University . Class hours are from 6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. There are no weekend class dates.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age.
- Applicant must have a High School Diploma or a G.E.D.
- Applicant must have a valid Drivers License and good driving record.
- Applicant must not have been arrested for any offense.
If you have been arrested or convicted for any domestic violence offense, you are not eligible to attend the police or corrections training.
- Student must comply with dress code.
- Student must author & maintain notebooks.
- Student must attend all mandatory classes.
- Student must pass state certification test with at least 70%.