Course Approval Form and Process
Approved by URCC on May 9, 2014
2. This new form streamlines the ELR approval process in the following ways:
- Reduces the forms needed for approval from two to one.
- Allows for immediate designation of all sections if submitted beyond the catalog deadline dates but by the specified dates listed below.
- Immediate designation will allow students currently enrolled in the course to meet the ELR if they successfully complete the course, without waiting until the following year for the course to be designated in the catalog.
- Fall 2014 - September 12, 2014
- Spring 2015 – January 9, 2015
- Summer 2015- May 8, 2015
4. If selecting full-course and section approval, signatures should be collected from Chair/Director, College Curriculum Committee, and Dean. If course is offered through the Regional College, approval is only needed from Asst/Assoc Dean and Dean of Regional College.
5. If a course receives full-course and section approval by the specified dates, URCC will provide a course list to the Registrar’s Office to be used to place an indicator on all sections of the course until the point when the full-course is approved through EPC and Faculty Senate for designation in the Fall 2015 catalog.
6. If the full-course and all sections are approved at the same time, there is no need to collect individual section information for each semester. The Registrar’s Office will use the course list to add the ELR designation as sections are added throughout the registration period.
7. There will be no retroactive designations if courses are not approved by URCC by the specified dates.
8. This form will be used for ELR course approval until CurricUNET is available.
* Applications for section-only approval should be submitted to your URCC college representative
** Applications for full-course and section approval and full-course approval only will need to be reviewed by URCC, EPC, and Faculty Senate.