Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Graduate Student Checklist for Graduation

  1. You will apply for graduation at the end of the semester prior to your last semester of coursework. Submit graduation application via Flashline > Student Tools before deadlines. Late applicants may be charged a $200 fee.
  2. Review FlashLine > Student Tools > Update Personal Information to confirm that all of your personal information, including your cell phone number if you have one, is correct so we can contact you quickly if necessary.
  3. Review the KSU Commencement website in detail for non-academic information about graduation fairs, commencement, and diplomas.
  4. Review your graduation application on FlashLine > Student Tools and contact your school or advisor immediately if:
    1. there are any extra or missing major, concentration, minor, or certificate programs on your graduation application. Please not that failing to declare the exact programs that you want on your transcript may result in your not graduating in the term you applied for.
    2. you have questions regarding your remaining requirements.
  5. If you are submitting a thesis or dissertation, you must complete and submit it in accordance with the CCI Style Guide and Instructions for Preparing Thesis and Dissertations
    1. Register for an ETD informational seminar and review the University Libraries ETD website for guidelines for preparing and submitting your document.
  6. It is the candidate's responsibility to be aware of all degree requirements and University deadlines. Please consult with your program director and the Graduate Catalog found on Flashline > Student Tools > Other Student Resources.

Please note:
All graduation applications are only valid for the semester for which they were submitted.  If you previously applied and were not approved for a prior semester you will need to submit a “Late/Reapplication” graduation application available in “Graduation Planning Tools” under the Student Tools tab of FlashLine.  This application should be printed and submitted to the Office of Student Services for processing.

A NOTE ABOUT YOUR DIPLOMA:  Please be aware that the student’s name that is officially registered with the university is the name that will be printed on your diploma. Also be aware that if you have “restricted” your personal information within the university, this information will be withheld and not listed in the commencement program or be released to the press. If you would like to remove your “restriction”, you will need to make the change yourself in FlashLine ( to the end of your last semester. A name change requires presenting official documentation (marriage license) in person to the Registrar. Have questions? Call (330) 672-3131.