- Current & Future Students
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner
Program OverviewThe Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) is awarded to graduates who successfully complete the Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (WHNP) graduate course of study. This Nursing Master’s Degree is part of the Kent State University’s distinguished College of Nursing. If you’re interested in pursuing your Master’s Degree in Nursing, it’s time to discover how KSU can help you achieve your goals.
The Women's Health Nurse Practitioner role focuses on primary care for women. Primary care is first access to comprehensive care involving health promotion or disease prevention and nursing management of common acute and chronic condition. Students who pursue this Nursing Master’s Degree in women’s health have the opportunity to gain the skills necessary to give broad, comprehensive care within legal parameters to women across the life span in ambulatory settings. They are taught to practice directly or in collaboration with other health professional to provide continuity of health care and to maximize the effectiveness of community and health care system services. Students pursuing this Master’s Degree in Nursing learn clinical judgment and primary care skills through faculty mentorship and clinical preceptors in a variety of ambulatory care settings and specialty clinics.
Graduates of the WHNP Nursing Master’s Degree program typically have their choice of positions in:
- Medical centers
- Physician's offices
- Free clinics
- Planned Parenthood clinics
- Administration and education
The WHNP program offers:
- Customized full and part-time program plans
- Mentorship from faculty that are active researchers in their field
- High quality clinical and theoretical preparation
- Excellent clinical sites in a wide variety of urban and rural settings
- Many online course offerings
- Cynthia Roller, PhD, RN CNP CNM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 330-672-8823 or 28823 on-campus dial for free
In the Kent State College of Nursing, post-master's nursing certificate programs are available to individuals who hold a Master's Degree in nursing.