Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Financial Aid-Accelerated

Financial Aid for Post-Undergraduate Students

Federal financial aid available to post-undergraduate and graduate non-degree students is limited to Federal Direct Student Loan programs (subsidized and unsubsidized) at the undergraduate loan levels ranging from $5500 to $12,500 per academic year.


  1. Students must complete the current FAFSA.
  2. To be eligible for a loan, the student must be enrolled in required coursework at least half time (minimum 6 credit hours per semester) and enrolled in a second bachelor's degree program for which the student will receive a second bachelor's degree upon completion of all academic requirements.
  3. All students must maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA;
  4. Students must complete 67% of overall attempted hours.

Post undergraduates and graduate non-degree students must submit a completed Program of Study form. To access the Program of Study form, click here and select "2014-2015 Program of Study Form." This form must be signed by an academic advisor verifying required coursework. Each semester you attend during the award year must be listed on the form.

Aggregate Loan Limits:

The Federal Government limits how much student loan debt a student can accumulate. The current aggregate loan limit is $57,500, with no more than $23,000 in unsubsidized loans for undergraduate students.

You can learn more about your previous and existing student loans including your proximity to your aggregate limit from the National Student Loan Data System, or by contacting Kent State University’s Student Financial Aid Office.

A student must be officially admitted and enrolled in an eligible degree program to receive federal aid funds. A regular student is officially accepted for enrollment for the purpose of obtaining a degree or approved certificate. Students should therefore apply to Kent State University as “degree-seeking” students. Pre-nursing students who are admitted as degree seeking are eligible for student loans.

Guest students and non-degree seeking students will not be awarded federal financial aid. If a student is cited for academic progress due to his or her status as an undergraduate non-degree student, or a student with an undeclared major, the student must contact the Office of Student Services at 330-672-7911 to schedule an appointment with an advisor. A copy of the change of major form must be submitted to the Student Financial Aid Office.