- Current & Future Students
The recipient of the three year assistant professorship will receive a $5,000 salary supplement annually. The recipient of the six year associate professorship will receive a $12,500 salary supplement annually. A three credit release each semester from regular College of Nursing workload responsibilities will be included as a provision of these awards. An evaluation of progress toward the stated goals will be conducted annually.
1.Demonstrated understanding of the interface between clinical nursing practice, evaluation and measurement and simulation opportunities.
2. Demonstrated experience with simulation, evaluation and/or measurement research.
3. Graduate degree in nursing.
4. Licensure or licensure eligibility in Ohio.
5. Appointment or pending appointment as an assistant or associate professor in the College of Nursing.
Responsibilities and goals of the professorship, appropriate to academic rank, the awardee will:
1. Conduct interdisciplinary research in simulation, evaluation and/or measurement.
2. Widely disseminate research findings with a goal of advancing knowledge about simulation, evaluation and measurement in nursing.
3. Build and foster internal and external linkages for collaborative work in simulation, evaluation and measurement.
4. Secure and address opportunities for advancement and funding of related research opportunities.
5. Foster optimal teaching through application of research findings to education.
(See College of Nursing RPT Criteria)
1. On a separate sheet, please address the following points:
a. Discuss your prior clinical and teaching experiences in light of the responsibilities and goals of the professorship (at the appropriate academic rank), as described above (one-page maximum).
b. Describe your view of the interface between clinical nursing practice and evaluation and measurement or simulation opportunities. Provide an example of your work in the area, or of work you might plan to do(one-page maximum).
c. Provide examples of evaluation, simulation and/or measurement research projects you have conducted. Please include relevant examples of grant proposals submitted for funding and/or papers published (no page limit).
2. Attach a copy of your current curriculum vitae.
3. Submit your written application and cv to:
Kent State University College of Nursing
Attn: Gingy Stypa
113 Henderson Hall
Kent, Ohio 44242