President Obama Visits Kent State on Sept. 26Posted Sep. 24, 2012
President Barack Obama will be a special guest of the Kent State College Democrats for a campaign rally Wednesday, Sept. 26, at Kent State University’s Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center (MAC Center). Doors open at 3:30 p.m.
The event is free and open to the public, but tickets are required for entrance. One ticket per person will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. To pick up your ticket, visit one of the following locations beginning Monday, Sept. 24, at 9 a.m.
Kent State University Campus (in front of the Kent Student Center)
1085 Risman Drive
Kent, Ohio 44242
Obama for America-Kent
1307 S. Water St.
Kent, Ohio 44240
Obama for America-East Akron
396 East Waterloo Rd.
Akron, Ohio 44319
What You Need to Know: How Presidential Visit Affects Kent State Students, Faculty, Staff and Campus Visitors
In preparation of Wednesday’s presidential visit, members of the Kent State community and visitors to the campus should be aware of the following:
- Kent State University Library will not be affected.
- Kent Student Center will remain open with possible restrictions on Wednesday.
- Gym Annex will be open for activities on Tuesday and Wednesday with no access to the MAC Center.
- Residence halls will not be affected.
- MAC Center activities will be affected Tuesday and closed Wednesday. Allow extra time for all activities adjacent to and around the MAC Center beginning Monday evening.
- Parking in the R-11 lot behind the Kent Student Center and MAC Center will be limited on Monday and Tuesday. It will be closed on Wednesday.
- The R-3 lot next to Taylor Hall will be closed to students, faculty and staff beginning at 9 a.m. Wednesday.
- Manchester Field will be open to foot traffic throughout Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Midway Drive from Theatre Drive to the MAC Center will be closed beginning 9 a.m. Wednesday. Foot traffic can continue on the east side of the road and to all buildings in that area.
- There will be limited access to Williams Drive on Wednesday.
- Foot traffic around the MAC Center will be restricted on Wednesday.
- Visitor parking and metered parking in front of the MAC Center will be limited on Wednesday.
- Classes held in all other buildings will go on as scheduled.
For more information about Kent State University, visit www.kent.edu.
For a map of the Kent State campus, visit www.kent.edu/campuses/maps/map.cfm.
This advertisement is not an endorsement by the university for any political party.