KSU ADVISORY: Jan. 17 – Kent Campus Safety AlertPosted Jan. 17, 2014
The City of Kent Police Department is investigating an armed robbery which occurred at approximately 1 a.m. on Jan. 17. The robbery occurred in the 400 block of East Summit Street in Kent, in close proximity to the Kent Campus. The suspects are reported as three black male suspects, one of whom displayed a gun. This suspect was further described as 5’10” wearing a white or silver jacket. No further description of the suspects was provided.
If you have any information relating to this incident, please contact the Kent Police Department at 330-673-7732.
Cooperation and engagement of all students, faculty and staff in our campus safety program is our best defense against crime. We encourage all members of our campus community to take simple, common sense precautions as a way to assume responsibility for their own safety. Please consider these tips:
- Find safety in numbers, practice walking with a companion or in groups at night;
- Keep the doors of residences, offices and automobiles locked;
- Mark your valuables with a personal identification number in case of loss or theft;
- Have your keys ready when walking across parking lots and watch for any suspicious person or activities;
- Never leave your keys unattended in the car ignition; and
- Lock all valuables such as mobile devices, laptops, cameras, book bags, briefcases and textbooks in the trunk.