Kent State University Police Seek Assistance Locating SuspectsPosted Nov. 13, 2010
Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the Kent State University police department at 330-672-3070.
The safety of our faculty, staff, students and visitors is our first priority at Kent State University. University Police will continue to have a patrol presence in the area.
Besides the presence of KSU Police Department, Security aides are available to provide escorts across campus each night between 8 p.m. and 4 a.m., call 2-7004 for an escort on campus. The security aides are in direct contact with University Police Services via two-way radios. Every residence hall complex is patrolled from 8 p.m. until 4 a.m. every day. Our well lighted campus also includes outdoor campus phones, which can be recognized by their blue lights, can be used for emergency and non-emergency situations. Courtesy phones are located at the entrances to residence halls. Frequently used campus phone numbers are posted at each phone including numbers for emergencies, campus security, and escort and motorist assistance.
Cooperation and engagement of all students, faculty and staff in our campus safety program is our best defense against crime. We encourage all members of our campus community to take simple, commonsense precautions as a way to assume responsibility for their own safety. Please consider these tips:
- Find safety in numbers, practice walking with a companion or in groups at night.
- Keep the doors of residences, offices and automobiles locked
- Mark your valuables with a personal identification number in case of loss or theft
- Have your keys ready when walking across parking lots and watch for any suspicious person or activities
- Never leave your keys unattended in the car ignition.
- Lock all valuables such as mobile devices, laptops, cameras, book bags, briefcases and textbooks in the trunk.
Media Contact: Tom Neumann 216-695-0554