Flu Clinics Offered for Faculty and StaffPosted Oct. 8, 2012
University Health Services, in collaboration with the university's wellness program, is holding a series of flu clinics this fall at numerous Kent State locations. The clinics are open to faculty and staff (and their dependents age 6 and over) and provide a convenient way for employees and their families to get their annual immunization.
For employees and their dependents covered by one of Kent State's medical providers, Anthem or Medical Mutual, the cost of the flu shot is covered in full. You must bring your insurance ID card with you. For all others, the cost is $20, payable by cash or check.
All adults are encouraged to get a flu shot, especially those who are in the following categories:
- Healthcare workers;
- Anyone who provides home care to persons at high risk and residents of long-term care facilities or dormitories;
- Anyone 50 years of age and older;
- Individuals with heart disease, diabetes, kidney disease, asthma, cancer or HIV/AIDS; and
- Pregnant women
Flu clinics will be held on the following dates at the following locations, and registration is required:
- Kent Campus – Oct. 15 (Open Enrollment and Wellness Fair); Oct. 17 and Nov. 1.
- Kent State East Liverpool – Oct. 25
- Kent State Geauga – Nov. 14
- Kent State Salem – Nov. 1
- Kent State Tuscarawas – Oct. 10
- College of Podiatric Medicine – Oct. 11
- Kent State University Regional Academic Center – Nov. 15
You can view a complete schedule of clinics and make your appointment at www.kent.edu/hr/benefits/fluprevention.cfm.
Registration is required for the flu shots; sign-up is available online at the above website. Make sure to bring the appropriate forms (Flu Shot and Consent Form) with you to your scheduled appointment. The forms will be available to print when you register for your vaccine.
More information is available by contacting the Benefits Office at 330-672-3107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.