Scholarships Available for Outstanding Alpha Lambda Delta UndergraduatesPosted Feb, 5, 2014
Each year, National Alpha Lambda Delta awards 35 scholarships to outstanding undergraduate members. Five of these scholarships are valued at $6000 each, five at $3000 each, five at $2000 each, and 20 at $1000 each. These scholarships have been established to help qualified members offset the costs of their education. Candidates will be considered on the basis of merit.
- Only students initiated into Alpha Lambda Delta prior to January 1, 2014 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 to be eligible.
Applications must be postmarked to the National Office by April 1.
- The Jo Anne J. Trow Scholarship application is available for download from the National website.
- All applications must by typed.
- Applications must be submitted to the chapter for review.
- Each complete application will include the following:
- Official transcripts from each college and university attended.
- Letters of recommendations from two references.
- The Chapter’s letter of support.
- A Transmittal form, completed and signed by a chapter officer
- Acceptance of the scholarship involves an obligation to begin and complete the year of study following the award of the scholarship. The recipient must be enrolled full-time and must be working toward a degree
- A scholarship will only be awarded for educational purposes.
Responsibilities of the Recipient:
- Notify National Alpha Lambda Delta promptly of the acceptance of the scholarship.
- Upon registration, request the Registrar of the institution attended to send a written statement of enrollment, with the seal embossed, to the National Alpha Lambda Delta Headquarters. The scholarship funds will then be sent directly to the recipient’s college or university.