Upgraded KSUMobile Apps for Information on the goPosted Oct, 9, 2012
With communications increasingly going mobile, Information Services sees the need to stay ahead of technology trends, both as a service to students, faculty and staff and as a competitive necessity for the university. Mobile communications is a technology requiring special attention.
The IS division continues to improve communications technology through web support, online course improvements and phone/voice enhancements. But the university community, especially students, increasingly depends on mobile communications for education, information, networking and social activities.
The Division of IS is keeping current in this rapidly expanding communications technology, completing KSUMobile upgrades to make mobile-device use more inviting and informative. The upgrades, KSUMobile 2.0 and KSUMobile 2.1, bring the Kent State experience to more students, faculty and staff wherever they go.
KSUMobile 2.0, launched in March 2012, features new student-friendly apps that provide access to grades and schedules, as well as numerous enhancements to make information easier to locate and access on smart phones and other mobile devices.
KSUMobile 2.1, launched in June 2012, further benefits students and also contains features for employees. The new interface and underlying KSUMobile system are the foundation for introducing new features on regular basis.
Improvements and optimizations include:
- Students can access their class schedules and view posted grades.
- University maps now includes Regional Campuses, and provide more flexibility to locate events, activities and places on campuses.
- Academic features are optimized for easier viewing of course description and availability.
- Athletics information is enhanced for easier navigation of schedules, scores, and news.
- An indicator is provided when new images are posted.
- My Profile for Students – Students can view their contact information, grades, and account balance information, and access links to class schedules.
- Dynamic Student Checklist – New students can view their Dynamic Student Checklist of actions to complete before starting classes, such as register for Destination Kent State, pay fees, review and accept financial aid, apply for housing and other tasks.
- My Profile for Employees – Employees can view their contact information, vacation and sick balances, and can access links to their pay stubs.
Users can download the app from the App Store (iPhone) or Google Play (for Android).