Guide to the Experts Profile
Lorene Martin - MSN, RN, CRNP | Assistant ProfessorPhone: 330-759-0059
Area(s) of Expertise:
I am an Assistant Professor of Nursing at the Salem Campus in the Baccalaureate Nursing Program. I received my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing from Kent State University in 1996. My work experience as an RN includes staff nursing both at the acute and long term level, marketing and assessment, and administrative nursing in the hospital and skilled nursing setting. I then received a Master's of Science in Nursing from Kent State University as an Adult Nurse Practitioner in 2005. I am currently a Certified Registered Adult Nurse Practitioner practicing in nephrology and geriatrics. At Kent State Salem, my primary teaching role is in Geriatric and Rehabilitative Nursing although I also teach sophomore nursing students both in the classroom and clinical setting as well as pharmacology, professional nursing courses and various other nursing courses as the need is indicated. I am coordinator of the new Student Mentoring Program for nursing students at the Salem Campus.
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
- Ferranto,M., Kotsch,J., Martin, L., Zapko, K. (2010). On line post conference. A Poster Presentation. The Teacher Professor Conference: Campbridge, Massachusetts.
- Kotsch, J. and Martin, L. (2011). Students helping students: A student nurse mentoring program. A Poster Presentation. Mosby's Faculty Development: Contemporary Forums : Orlando, Florida.
- 2010 Summer Teaching Development Award
"Students Helping Students: A Student Nurse Mentoring Program"
Areas of Interest:
- Student Mentoring
- Community Service in the Appalachian Regions
- Community Service in the Native American Culture
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses
- National League of Nurses