MA Kent State University (Spanish, 2012)
Scholarly, Creative & Professional Activities
ARTICLES AND BOOK CHAPTER
- Maryse Condé's Heremakhonon as a Noir Novel. Studies in 20th & 21st Century Literature, January 2015.
- Two Faces of Progress in 19th-century French Novel, The French Review, 2014
- Exile or Escape? Frame Narratives in Boccaccio’s Decameron and Marguerite de Navarre’s Heptameron, Topodynamics of Arrival: Essays on Self and Pilgrimage, Rodopi, 2012.
- Meanings of Hybridity: Rabelaisian Laughter in Aimé Césaire’s Discours sur le colonialisme, The French Review, 2011
- Four Circles of Love in Marot’s Temple of Cupid, Romance Notes, 2011
- Quill Pen in a Funeral Oration: Clément Marot Appropriates the Ancient Genre, Renaissance and Reformation, 2011
- Step Forward, Step Upward: The Path to Perfection in Marguerite de Navarre’s Prisons, Bibliothèque d’Humanisme et Renaissance, 2009.
- Larraín’s Film No and Its Inspiration El plebiscito: Chile’s Transition to Democracy as a Simulacrum
- Indigenous Mythology in Murder Mysteries by Mario Vargas Llosa and Santiago Roncagliolo
- Prostitution or Sex Work? Conflicting Depictions of the Sex Trade in Pantaleón y las visitadoras, 1973 Novel and 1999 Film,
La fiesta del chivo, Novel and Film, on the Transition to Democracy in Latin America
- Two Mexican Films, Arráncame la vida and El coronel no tiene quien le escriba on the 2000 Mexican Transition to Democracy.
- Completed: Person or Sinner? The Individual in French Renaissance Spiritual Poetry, submitted to Ashgate Press. Reviewer recommended publication and changes.
- Current project: Latin American Democratic Transition in Films and Fiction That Inspired Them
- Contemporary francophone literature
- Contemporary Spanish American literature and film
OFFICEDepartment of Modern and Classical Language Studies
Office Hours for Spring 2014:
- Monday and Wednesday, 1:45-4:15, KIVA open area along the windows above The Hub cafeteria.
- and by appointment, Satterfield Hall 309A. I usually respond to emails quickly. Don't hesitate to contact me.
CONTACT INFOPhone: 330-672-2150