SMS facilities at a glance
Computers and peripherals
- 8 PC workstations with scanners, CD/DVD burners, memory card readers and microphones
- 2 iMac workstations with scanners and CD/DVD burners
- 2 PC and 1 Mac video editing systems in reservable rooms
- 1 PC workstation with mini-DV/VHS decks for digitizing video and audio
- 1 ASL (American Sign Language) recording station
- External Blu-ray DVD burner for burning HD video projects
- Audio cassette deck and turntable for digitizing analog audio
- A large-format document capture station (uses a digital camera to take photos of documents too large for scanning)
- 3D printers! Visit our 3D Printing Libguide for details
- Leap Motion Controller
- Kinect device
- 3D pen tools
Looking to check out a video camera? Digital camcorders and tripods are managed by Circulation Services and are available at the Circulation Desk. See their camcorder information page for details. (Please note that cameras are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.)
Printing from the SMS computers is available for the general multimedia stations only to the library's public print stations.
- Color laser printing is available from computers in the Reference Center, Express Multimedia Workstations, Group Instruction Lab, or the university computer lab on the first floor of the library.
- Cost: 14 cents per 8 1/2" x 11" sheet
- Black & white laser printing is available from computers in the Reference Center, Express Multimedia Workstations, and Group Instruction Lab.
- Cost: 7 cents per 8 1/2" x 11" sheet
- One print station is located behind the reference desk and the other is between Reference and the elevator lobby
- The university computer lab prints to a black and white printer in the lab
- The SMS also offers 3D printing to KSU students for free! Visit our 3D Printing Libguide for details