Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Housing Information

Temporary Lodginghousing

We realize that the first few days will be quite stressful and that finding a new “home” is difficult. In order to help, our on-campus Residence Services offers a limited number of rooms for incoming international students at a daily rate of approximately $12.50 (including one package of linens for use during your stay). If you would like to reserve a space, please contact Mr. Dan Shonk directly by email ( or call 330.672.7000.

On-Campus Housing

All Kent State University undergraduates enrolled for 9 or more credit hours and ESL students are required to live on campus for the first four semesters of their college experience. During this time, students are also required to participate in the University Dining program by purchasing a campus meal plan.
In order to apply for housing and a meal plan, you must complete the on-line housing application. Your housing application is for the FULL ACADEMIC YEAR. If you have questions or if you desire additional information, you may contact the Residence Services office directly at or by visiting the Residence Services website. Please note, when you submit your housing application you will need to submit a $25.00 USD application fee which can be paid online with a credit or debit card, or electronic check.
In order to access the housing application, you will need to know your Kent State University FlashLine ID and password. Your FlashLine ID consists of all the characters in your Kent email address that come before "". This is generally your first initial, last name, and a number, such as "jdoe123".
When you applied for on-campus housing, you signed your on-line housing application saying that you would live on campus until the end of the current academic year (meaning your housing application is in effect until the end of the spring semester). If you become interested in moving off campus, before you sign any lease with an off-campus apartment or landlord you need to speak with your Residence Hall Director FIRST. Your RHD will help explain what your options are.   

Off-Campus Housing

If you are eligible to live off campus (you are 20 years of age or older, graduate student or Junior and higher status) you can begin your off-campus housing search by visiting the Kent Cribs website.You can contact apartment property managers prior to your arrival to the United States and arrange your move-in date.