As part of the department of Educational Technology and Service Management manages licenses for research and statistical software packages for the university. Below are some statistics and research related services available by request for Kent State departments or colleges.
- Assistance working with vendors to create a new software agreement or to make modifications to an existing software agreement (add on packages, additional seats, etc).
- Information and pricing on a new or existing software agreement.
- Assistance determining the feasibility of deploying software in a lab or classroom.
Assistance with the distribution of software patches and the distribution of software for faculty, classroom/lab, or home use
Costs associated with this service
While there is no charge for the services provided by Information Services, there may be charges associated with various software packages.
How to request this service
Submit a Support Ticket at support.kent.edu. Choose Request Type, Software Application Support, then choose the appropriate Software / Application.
When requesting a statistics related service please include the following:
- Full name
- University role (faculty, staff or student)
- Specify if the equipment is university or personally owned
If requesting to coordinate software purchases, please make sure permission has been granted from the department head to make purchases.
Service delivery process
Expected response time for acknowledgement:
Notifications can be expected any time there is a significant update on the request. Varies based on request.
Expected response time for fulfillment:
1 business day until response. Milestone dates vary depending on the complexity of request.
Service delivery hours:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Excluding university breaks
For information about specific statistical and research software visit: support.kent.edu/software, then select "Statistical and research software (Including SPSS, SAS, JMP and Qualtrics)" under "Free and Discounted Software"
For assistance with the following issues:
- Installation of statistics software
- Troubleshooting functionality of existing software installations
- Installation / configuration of software add-on components
Please visit support.kent.edu and open a ticket following the instructions in the "How to Request this Service" section.
Service provided by: Service Management
Last revised: 2013-05-01 09:13:29
Customers eligible to request:
Faculty: Some restrictions may apply based on licensing agreement
Staff: Some restrictions may apply based on licensing agreement
Phone: 330-672-HELP (4357)