- Getting Started
- General Resources
- ET Support
- Known Issues
- Training Sessions
Resources for Faculty:
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Building Blocks (Add-Ons)
- Scantron File Converter
Blackboard Learn Tools:
- Technical Support
Helpdesk services are available 24/7 all year - including holidays.
The Tech Spot @ ResNet
Complete Computer Care for students, faculty and staff.
Visit The Tech Spot web site for services, hours and directions.
Blackboard Training is available for either a one-one consultation session or for a group session.
Support.kent.edu is Kent State University's online technology help center.
Distance & Online Learning (OCDE) offers information on obtaining your degree in several different delivery systems used to make the experience the best for student learning.
Online Teaching is your resource for online teaching at Kent State University.
Online Teaching Resource Library is the result of collaboration between the Online Learning Team and the network of ET's and IT's across Kent State University. We have gathered a collection of strategic documents, best practices, tutorials, and templates to help you as you teach online.
Student Accessibility Services (SAS) provides Kent State students with disabilities equal opportunity to participate in, contribute to, and benefit from all university programs, services, and activities.
Copyright Services provides Kent State faculty, students, and staff research and clearance services for third-party copyrighted materials for use in a variety of projects and endeavors, instructional sessions, and informational responses to copyright and licensing questions.
Course Reserves provides Kent State faculty, students, and staff access to required and supplemental course readings and other materials while complying with copyright laws.
Educator Resources will help your find Blackboard's most up-to-date information for faculty, teachers and staff; including FAQ's, quick videos, training programs, and more. Access resources to help you succeed HERE.
Access PlayList by Blackboard Inc YouTube Videos featuring How-To Videos, On-Demand Tutorials, Blackboard Innovative Teaching Series Videos, Quick Hit Videos, and more. Access the latest PlayList HERE.
The Cohort Program is designed help you and your peers maximize the value you receive from Blackboard. All cohorts have both synchronous and asynchronous collaboration. Access the current list of available programs HERE.
Blackboard Learn On-Demand Learning Center provides recorded training sessions. Access these on-demand resources HERE.
Blackboard Collaborate On-Demand Learning Center provides recorded training sessions as well as detailed product documentation. Access these on-demand resources HERE.
Register for BITS Training Webinars by Blackboard
- Register for Blackboard Innovative Teaching Series (BITS): Blackboard offers free training opportunities for educators and instructional designers. BITS is a training initiative to help augment (not replace) your internal training efforts. With tracks including collaboration, assessing learners and getting started. BITS brings educators together to learn from each other and to share best practices.
- Top 10 Things You Didn't Know Were in Blackboard Learn
- Tuesday, August 26th at 2:30pm ET, Register HERE
- Tuesday, August 26th at 2:30pm ET, Register HERE
Register for Training Webinars by LockDown Browser & Respondus
- Register for upcoming LockDown Browser and Respondus Monitor Webinars.
- Introduction to LockDown Browser & Respondus Monitor: Protect the Integrity of Online Tests Training for Prevent Cheating During Exams - This overview webinar demonstrates how Respondus LockDown Browser reduces cheating by creating a locked environment during online exams, and Respondus Monitor adds webcam and video technology to address the core issues of student identity and exam integrity.
- Please check back for future training opportunities!
- Instructor Training for Prevent Cheating During Exams - This comprehensive training webinar is intended for instructors who plan to use LockDown Browser and/or Respondus Monitor with online exams. Session is 45 minutes, plus a Q&A period at the end.
- Thursday, August 28th at 12pm ET, Register HERE
- StudyMate: Creating Learning Activities & Self-Assessments - Learn how to create StudyMate activities and engage students with your course content, including leveraging publisher test banks, teaching tips and best practices. Session is 45 minutes, plus a Q&A period at the end.
- Wednesday, August 27th at 2pm ET, Register HERE
- Respondus 4.0: Create & Manage Exam Content - Learn how to save time by creating and managing your online exams with Respondus 4, including importing test questions from Word files, using official publisher test banks and more. Session is 45 minutes, plus a Q&A period at the end.
- Thursday, September 4th at 1pm ET, Register HERE
Blackboard welcomes your suggestions for improving their products.
please click HERE to submit it directly to Blackboard Product Management Team.