The university has many resources available to communicate with faculty and staff. These include:
- e-Inside - This is the official communication source for Kent State faculty and staff. The weekly electronic employee newsletter is sent to all employees via e-mail each Monday at their kent.edu e-mail address. It also can be accessed anytime online at http://einside.kent.edu. Materials for publication review should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- e-Inside Special Edition - This is for employee news of an urgent nature that must be communicated within the week and prior to the next regular edition of e-Inside.
- e-Inside Management Update - This monthly newsletter is e-mailed to managers at the beginning of each month. It is designed specifically for news that managers need to know and/or information that should be shared with employees.
- University Mass Mailing (FlashLine Message) - This is for critical information that must be communicated immediately, such as campus closings or security issues.
- FlashLine Postings - The FlashLine portal customizes content, making postings specific to students, faculty and/or staff. Messages may be posted to faculty, staff and/or students in the Personal Announcement channel of the My Campus tab.
- Flash ALERTS - Kent State's official emergency text notification system to alert students, faculty and staff of critical information (i.e. a campus closing, classes cancelled, emergency situation, etc.). For more information and to sign-up for this service, visit the Flash Alerts Web site at www.kent.edu/flashalerts.
- KSU Home Page - Visit www.kent.edu for important advisories and other information relevant to the university community.
- HR Home Page - Visit www.kent.edu/hr for Human Resources information and resources for employees of Kent State. This includes the Employee Resource Manual, which is available at www.kent.edu/hr/employeehandbook, and an archive of recent HR announcements.
- Human Resources Targeted Emails - Periodically HR will send an email to communicate employee-related news to faculty and staff (e.g. benefits, policy changes, salary increase information). These emails are delivered to your kent.edu email address through Constant Contact.