HR Knowledge Sharing
Human Resources Knowledge Sharing (HRKS) Takes to the Road
During the months of July and August, representatives from the Division of Human Resources and the Office of General Counsel will be holding HR Knowledge Sharing sessions at various locations throughout the Kent Campus. View the HRKS Summer Schedule by selecting the link at the right.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to attend one of these informational sessions, which including these topics:
- An overview of the Office of General Counsel
- Introduction of the new Wellness Coordinator, Michelle Igleheart. Igleheart will provide updates on the university's wellness plan, partnership with Be Well Solutions and the Moveable wellness challenge.
- IMPACT Employee Assistance Program and Right Direction
- Learn about Right Direction, an educational initiative created to raise awareness about workplace depression, promote early recognition of symptoms and reduce the stigma surrounding mental illness.
- Learn about upcoming training and development offerings
There will be two one-hour informational sessions during each visit location (unless otherwise noted). The first hour is designed for supervisors and managers and the second hour will be information for all employees.
Registration is not required.
For more information, please contact Karen Watson, manager, Employee Relations, at 330-672-4636.
HR Knowledge Sharing - Regional Campus Sessions
During the months of May and June, representatives from the Division of Human Resources and the Office of General Counsel visited regional campus locations. Human Resources Knowledge Sharing (HRKS) sessions are sponsored by the Division of Human Resources and provide an informal way for employees to share their interests and concerns with our team of HR Professionals and Kent State. The Employee Relations unit of HR schedules HRKS throughout the Regional Campuses and within departments of the Kent Campus on a regular basis. Human Resources representatives from the following departments were available:
- Employee Engagement & Outreach
- Employee Relations
- HR Communications
- Talent Acquisition
- Training and Development
Whether your question pertains to how to report or approve leave, who can be covered under your university-sponsored benefits, or what training is available to you, HR representatives are here to help answer what's on your mind. Sessions are designed to be informal and available to both faculty and staff and no appointment is necessary to speak with HR representative. Employees may stop by any of our scheduled HR Knowledge Sharing sessions, which are conducted several times each year at all campuses. Employees are also encouraged to offer their comments and suggestions about ways to improve operations, productivity or the workplace climate.