- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program - Impact
- Leaves of Absence
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription - Caremark
- Tuition Waiver
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness - OneWellU
Employer Sponsored Benefits:
- Flexible Spending
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Indemnity Plans
- Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Domestic Partners
- Employment Separation
- Life Events
- New Hire Orientation
- Workers' Compensation
Overview of Medical Plans
- Medical plans are available to all full-time faculty and staff, and may be purchased by part-time employees as well.
- The effective date of coverage is the first full date of your employment.
- No pre-existing condition exclusion on any of our medical plans.
- Family coverage is extended to spouse and dependent children up to age 26.
- Adult dependent children (biological, stepchild or adopted) between the age of 26-28 (Ohio H.B.1) who meet the following criteria: 1) single 2) Ohio resident OR full-time college student 3) has no other health benefits available to them such as other employer health benefits, Medicare or Medicaid.
- Two major medical carriers:
- There are three Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) medical plans to choose from:
Opting out of medical coverage is an option for our employees. Employees who opt-out of these benefits are eligible for the opt-out incentive, which is $100 per month for each full month you are not enrolled in the group plans ($50 per pay). This option is for employees who have other group coverage available and who complete an opt-out affidavit and provides proof of other coverage. The Opt-out incentive applies to medical, prescription drug, vision AND dental benefits.
- As a newly hired employee, you must enroll for coverage within 31 days of hire.
- If you experience a qualifying (Life) event, you may make changes to your elections within 31 days of the life event.
- During the annual open enrollment typically held in October of each calendar year.
The Opt-Out Affidavit is available only to full-time benefits eligible employees.
Should you elect REFUSED MEDICAL, you will be refusing vision and prescription coverage; however, you will be able to enroll in the dental coverage. If you REFUSE medical coverage, you are not eligible to receive the opt-out incentive.
For more information, contact the Benefits department at 330-672-3107.