- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program - Impact
- Leaves of Absence
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription - Caremark
- Tuition Waiver
- Vision Insurance
- Wellness - OneWellU
Employer Sponsored Benefits:
- Flexible Spending
- Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Voluntary Indemnity Plans
- Voluntary Long-Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Disability
- Domestic Partners
- Employment Separation
- Life Events
- New Hire Orientation
- Workers' Compensation
Personal Leave is converted from sick leave at the time it is used. Personal leave is intended to cover absences due to mandatory court appearances, legal or business matters, family emergencies, unusual family obligations, weddings, religious holidays, or any other personal matter.
Classified and unclassified employees with a continuing appointment, not represented by a collective bargaining unit, are eligible to convert accrued sick leave to paid personal time, so long as they retain a balance of at least 120 hours (60 hours for part-time employees) of accrued sick leave.
- An eligible employee is expected to request conversion of accrued sick leave to personal leave in advance.
- The employee initiates the request by submitting a Request for Leave of Absence form to his/her immediate supervisor for approval.
- Classified employees must also indicate the usage of approved paid personal leave in Kronos. Unclassified should record personal leave in Banner Self-Service Leave Reporting. If entry into Kronos or Self-Service is not available, please submit the Request for Leave of Absence form to HR Records.
- Classified employees will see Personal leave charged on their paystubs and Unclassified employees will be able to view hours charged in Banner Self-Service.
- The requesting employee must have a minimum of 120 hours of accrued sick leave after conversion of any sick leave to personal leave (60 hours for part-time employees). Employees may check their accrued sick leave balances by logging onto FlashLine, then going to the My HR Tab. The approving supervisor and the employee are responsible to ensure that the employee has enough accrued sick leave to meet the minimum requirements required above.
- The maximum accrued sick leave which can be converted in any fiscal year to personal leave is 5 days (40 hours) for full-time employees and 3 days (24 hours) for part-time employees. The approving supervisor and the employee are responsible to ensure that the employee does not convert more than the maximum amount permitted for any fiscal year.
- The maximum accrued sick leave which can be converted in any fiscal year to either vacation or vacation/personal leave is 5 days (40 hours) for full-time employees and 3 days (24 hours) for part-time employees.
- Classified and Unclassified employees who converted 40 hours of accrued sick leave to vacation in the current year will not be eligible to convert accrued sick leave to personal leave until the fiscal year beginning July 1 of the next year.
AFSCME employees should refer to Article 32/G of the AFSCME Agreement for additional information regarding the transfer of sick leave to vacation leave.