Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).


S: Safety and Security

Who do I call in case of an emergency?

  • Police, Fire, Medical Emergencies : 911
  • Police Services Non-emergency : 330-672-2212
  • Area Desks
  • You can call your area desk at any time. You will always be able to speak with someone.
    Quad Desk (Lake, Olson, Stopher, Johnson), 330-672-3600
    New Front/Centennial Desk (Dunbar, Prentice, Verder, Engleman, Centennial Courts), 330-672-3610
    Twin Towers Desk (Beall, McDowell, Fletcher, Manchester, Allyn, Clark, Van Campen), 330-672-3915
    Tri Towers Desk (Wright, Koonce, Lebrick, Korb), 330-672-3244

What Health and Wellness Resources are available?

  • University Health and Medical Services : 330-672-2322
    University Health Services is a full-service primary care medical facility offering appointments for treatment of chronic medical conditions and acute, short-term medical problems. Appointments are recommended, but we do have the ability to accommodate patients the same-day for an illness/injury.

  • Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) :
    Kent State University's Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) is a comprehensive, collaborative, and victim-centered response to sexual assault which includes prevention, education, and response/recovery components. The responsibility of the SART is to educate the university community about sexual assault, to provide anti-violence programming and support services, and to encourage all community members to speak out when witnessing violence.

  • Psychological Services : 330-672-2487
    Students contact Psychological Services for a variety of reasons, but typical concerns include: academic difficulties, stress, anxiety, depression, questions regarding sexuality, feelings of loneliness, lack of self confidence, interpersonal difficulties, and eating disorders.

  • Student Health Promotion : 330-672-2320
    The Office of Health Promotion is dedicated to advancing the practice of health education and promotion in an effort to establish a higher level of commitment to personal health and community wellness on campus.

  • Psychological Clinic(Between 5 p.m. and 8 a.m., call University Police) : 330-672-2372
    The Psychological Clinic is the training site for graduate students in the Ph.D. program in clinical psychology in the Department of Psychology at Kent State University. Services are provided by master's and doctoral students under the close supervision of clinical faculty members who are licensed psychologists.

  • Counseling and Human Development Center : 330-672-2208
    The Kent State University Counseling and Human Development Center provides personal counseling and human development services to members of the Kent State University community (KSU students, faculty, staff, and family members). Services provided include individual, couple, family, child, and group counseling for developmentally-related concerns. Counseling sessions are FREE to the KSU community. Services are provided by masters' and doctoral level graduate students preparing for professional licensure as clinical counselors.

  • The Women's Center : 330-672-9230
    Kent State University's Women Center exists to facilitate the advancement of and to enhance the quality of educational experience and professional life for women students, faculty and staff of all campuses. The Women's Center serves as a resource for advocacy by providing education, information and referral program and services. The Center is dedicated to promoting dialogue and interaction with all campus constituencies concerned with the pursuit of equity and equality.

  • Townhall II : 330-947-1756
    Townhall II promotes the health, wellness, and recovery of individuals and communities through prevention, education, advocacy, intervention, and treatment.

What is Security?

Who do I contact about transportation?

What if I have concerns about my safety and security?

What are the blue lights on campus?

Emergency 9-1-1 is accessible from any phone on campus, on some of the phones it is a single push button function. 9-1-1 calls from campus are answered by our communications section who send police, fire or ambulance services. Just like most city 9-1-1 systems, a computer displays the caller's location if they cannot communicate with the operator.

When a cell phone dials 9-1-1, the local cell phone identifies your location and connects you with the appropriate police department.

There are over 30 "blue light phones" around campus in parking lots and along sidewalks. In addition to 9-1-1 there is a list of useful numbers posted at each of these phones. They can also dial any number on campus.

For the campus map of Blue Lights, click here.