The Honors College at Kent State University is designed to provide talented and motivated students with a curriculum that is intellectually stimulating and challenging. Through smaller class sizes, faculty interaction, personal advising, flexible curriculum choices, and undergraduate research and leadership opportunities, we are preparing students to succeed in their academic and professional pursuits.
We are one of the oldest and largest programs in the nation and are nationally-recognized as a leader in Honors education. As a member of the Honors College, you will encounter an environment where curiosity, fun, and friendships are fostered. You will have classes with stimulating and innovative teachers, be exposed to explorations of the power of the human mind and some unconventional thinking, and challenging courses and rewarding experiences. Honors students also receive a number of benefits.
Benefits of Honors
- Flexible curriculum choices that allow you to tailor your education to your unique personal interests
- Smaller, more challenging classes with many options from across a variety of disciplines in various colleges and departments at Kent State University
- Early registration privileges that allows you to flexibly construct your schedule
- Personal academic support through individual advising with our experienced advisors
- Encouragement and financial support for study abroad/away experiences
- Access to a unique living/ learning community in the Stopher/Johnson Complex
- Undergraduate research and leadership opportunities.
Our Honors College is made up of a diverse population of students. We are open to students seeking a bachelor's degree in any major offered at Kent State University. Most students enter the program as freshmen; however, you may apply to join after one semester of college coursework with a 3.5 or higher college GPA. Admission to the Honors College is selective.Admissions Information
Learn more about the Honors College at Kent State University.
Academics in the Honors College provide students with intellectual challenge.
Coordinator of Admissions
Learn more about graduation from the Honors College
The Stopher-Johnson residence halls provide students with a unique living-learning community.
We are located on the lower level of Stopher Hall.View a map