The Honors College is delighted to receive donations from alumni and friends! Checks may be sent directly to the Honors College with an indication of the purpose or to the Kent State University Foundation (both at Kent State University, P.O. Box 5190, Kent OH 44242). Credit card payments may be made through the Foundation. If you wish to have a direct impact on the support of excellence in undergraduate education, please follow the directions below.
To donate to the Honors College or to find out more about the many ways to give, please visit the university's giving page.
Three primary, ongoing funds provide flexibility in supporting our students:
The Honors College Scholarship Endowment provides much-needed scholarship dollars for our students in a time of rising tuition, declining state support, increasing part-time work, and unprecedented student loan debt.
The Thesis Fellowship Fund provides support for undergraduate research and creative activities for studentswho complete a senior honors thesis/project.
The Honors College Study Away Fund provides scholarships for domestic and international study away programs such as the Columbus Program in Intergovernmental Issues (CPII), Washington Program in National Issues (WPNI), the Kent State Florence program, the Kent State Geneva program, and many others.
Gifts in kind are also welcome!
Other more specific endowment funds that may draw your interest:
- May 4 Memorial Scholarship Endowment: helps support 4 full-ride scholarships, remembering the four victims of the 1970 shootings
- Thesis Fellowship Fund: helps support senior thesis students
- Ottavio M. Casale Memorial Scholarship in Humanities or Arts
- Alice Bierce Thomas Scholarship in Education
- Carringer-Cable Scholarship in Journalism
- James Stephen Campbell Memorial Scholarship in Humanities
- Kimball J. Bixenstine Scholarship in Biology
- Diane Burbick Scholarship in Gifted Education
- Herb Kamm Scholarship in Journalism
- Michael Halpin Scholarship in Humanities or Social Sciences