Honors College Academic Advising
Developing a meaningful educational experience and fulfilling Honors expectations and requirements relies on maintaining a relationship with your Honors advisor. You are expected to meet with your Honors advisor each semester to discuss Honors work for the upcoming semester.
Honors students receive the benefit of having multiple advisors. Honors advisors work to integrate coursework and experiences that fit within your academic program. Your college academic advisor will explain graduation requirements, approve GPS plans, and outline academic procedures related to your college. You may also be assigned a faculty advisor who will assist you in selecting upper-division course selections and career information.
Your Honors advisor is available to discuss both academic and personal concerns as well as assist you with referrals to appropriate faculty and/or campus services. Honors advisors will assist you with more immediate academic concerns such as planning Honors courses and experiences but will also engage you in long-term academic and career planning. Honors advisors are a supplement to, not a replacement for, major advisors. Honors advisors focus primarily on enriching your educational experience.Who is my Honors advisor?
Upon admission to the Honors College, you will be assigned an Honors advisor who will typically work with you through graduation. If you are unsure of your assigned Honors College advisor, please contact the Honors College at (330) 672-2312.How do I make an appointment with my Honors advisor?
All students are required to make appointments via Web Scheduler.How should I prepare for my Honors advising appointment?
As an Honors student, you have priority registration privileges. While you can register early, you will not be able to schedule an Honors course or experience without first seeing your Honors advisor.
- Prior to your appointment, review your Roadmap, the Schedule of Classes, and the Honors College Courses for the upcoming semester.
- Construct a tentative course schedule, taking into account your program requirements, personal interest, and Honors requirements.
- Consult with your major or primary advisor.
- Meet with your Honors advisor, and be prepared to answer and ask questions. Your advisor may ask you for your rationale in making certain decisions.
- Please be on time for your appointment. You may cancel your appointment on Web Scheduler or call in advance if you are unable to keep your appointment.
- Register via FlashLine on the priority date.