Introduction to the GPS Audit
To view your audit, Log into Flashline and click on GPS from the Student Tools and Courses tab.
- Click on GPS Audit and Plan
- Your degree audit will appear
Your course information is organized into blocks:
- The header information displays your student ID, name, degree, class level and the date the last audit was run.Your degree audit refreshes every night so be sure to click on the “process new” button before proceeding to ensure you have the most recent information.
- The student view block contains a direct link to your advisor. In the middle section you will find your major, minor and degree information.The last section displays the hours already completed (earned hours) as well as earned hours plus those in registration, which are labeled “hours to degree.”
- The next section summarizes all of your degree requirements and indicates the fulfillment status of each. When all of these blocks are completed, you are ready to graduate.
- University requirements appear next. These include Destination Kent State, the Writing Intensive Course (WIC), and the diversity requirements.
- Next you will find the Kent Core requirements. Each category is displayed and includes all courses that are eligible to be selected. If you click on any of the classes you will find a course description and times when they are offered. As these requirements are satisfied, they will receive a green check mark. You also can see when the course was taken.
- The following block provides the major summary. All major requirements, including concentration courses if needed, are listed here. Courses which have been satisfied or are currently in progress are indicated with a blue tilde. Some programs have an additional major requirement block. Courses will appear here if they are Kent Core courses but have minimum grade requirements or if they are required in the major but do not calculate in the major GPA.
- Next are general elective courses, if you have any. These are all courses that have not been used to satisfy a requirement in one of the previous blocks, but are eligible to count toward degree hours. Transfer courses not already used may also appear here.
- If courses appear in the "Insufficient" block, it is because the grade does not qualify to be used toward the degree. Examples are W, F, AU. Any courses with forgiven grades will also display here. Courses in this block can never count toward graduation hours but the grades, unless forgiven, calculate in the GPA.
- The In-Progress block lists all courses in current and future registration
- Finally, you may see a block is labeled "Ineligible." Courses found here cannot count toward graduation but do calculate in the GPA. These include classes that have exceeded a limit, such as too many hours of physical education classes, or courses that are duplicates. They also include developmental courses that do not count toward degree hours.
At the bottom of the page you will find a legend that will help you interpret symbols found throughout the audit.
Please explore the other links at the top of your audit, such as “class history” and “what-if,” especially if you are considering a new major. Finally, always check the “notes” section at the bottom of your audit in case your advisor has left any notes that you should read.
Be sure to contact your advisor if you have any questions.