Information about Kent State University
Facts and Figures:
- Kent State was founded on September 27, 1910.
- There are over 200,000 alumni worldwide.
- The Kent Campus is a large and beautifully landscaped. Located in the safe mid-sized town of Kent, Ohio (population 28,00), and surrounded by the major cities of Cleveland, Akron, and Pittsburgh.
- A Northeast Ohio's premier public university, Kent State has more than 69 centers and institutes including the world-renowned Liquid Crystal Institute® .
- The Kent Campus is home to more than 22,000 undergraduate students and 5,500 graduate students; 59% are female and 41% male.
- Kent State students come from all 50 states in the U.S. and nearly 100 countries around the world; over 2,400 international students are enrolled at KSU.
- More than 1,500 faculty members teach in nine colleges. More than 46 percent of our classes have 20 or fewer students and 96 percent have fewer than 50.
Life on the Kent Campus:
- Make yourself at home in one of the 24 residence halls and an option of 12 residential learning communities.
- The Kent Campus features 24 on-campus dining options. At these restaurants, dining halls, and coffee carts you will find a variety of food and beverages to fit into your lifestyle and dietary needs.
- Getting involved at Kent State is easy with a choice of 200 clubs and organizations, 1,000 programs, activities, and on-campus events. For a list of student organizations by type, please visit the Center for Student Involvement.
- Kent State is a NCAA Division I sports school. This means that throughout the year, students can attend a variety of sporting events. KSU is a part of the Mid-American Conference (East Division) and competes against other universities throughout the state of Ohio and Midwest region.
- If you are athletics and would like to join a sports team for fun, Kent offers a variety of intramural sports.