Traveling Outside the US
Documents to carry with you:
- I-20/DS-2019 (recommended travel signature dates in the last 6 months)
- Valid Passport (valid for 6 months into the future date of re-entry)
- Valid US Visa (exceptions to Canada/Mexico/Islands for 30 days or less)
- Recommended: Carry proof of enrollment/course registration
- If on OPT- also carry your EAD card and proof of employment
- If you changed your immigration status while in the US, carry your approval notice (I-797)
To obtain travel signatures on your I-20/DS-2019, bring documents to OIA at least 1 week before you depart.
- Check to see if the country(ies) you are visiting require you to obtain a visa (e.g. transit visa)
- If your visa has expired, you typically need to apply for a new visa at a US Consulate/Embassy abroad, plan your time accordingly.
Travel in the United States
Cities in Ohio (Driving distance from Kent):
Cities in the United States (Driving distance from Kent):Philadelphia, PA (401 mi)