Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Traveling Outside the US

our group

Travel Information

Documents to carry with you:

  • I-20/DS-2019 (recommended travel signature dates in the last 6 months)
  • Valid Passport (valid for 6 months into the future date of re-entry)
  • Valid US Visa (exceptions to Canada/Mexico/Islands for 30 days or less)
  • Recommended: Carry proof of enrollment/course registration
  • If on OPT- also carry your EAD card and proof of employment
  • If you changed your immigration status while in the US, carry your approval notice (I-797)

To obtain travel signatures on your I-20/DS-2019, bring documents to OIA at least 1 week before you depart.


  • Check to see if the country(ies) you are visiting require you to obtain a visa (e.g. transit visa)
  • If your visa has expired, you typically need to apply for a new visa at a US Consulate/Embassy abroad, plan your time accordingly.
Check out these websites:


Visiting Canada:

Visiting Mexico:

Travel in the United States

Cities in Ohio (Driving distance from Kent):

Akron (23 mi)

Cincinnati (244 mi)

Cleveland (38.1 mi)

Columbus (138 mi)

Sandusky (Cedar Point) (87.9 mi)

Cities in the United States (Driving distance from Kent):

Chicago, IL (358 mi)

Detroit, MI (192 mi)

Philadelphia, PA (401 mi)

Pittsburg, PA (103 mi)

Niagara Falls, NY (232 mi)

New York City, NY (429 mi)

Washington, D.C. (339 mi)



Places to Stay While Traveling in The US