Skip Navigation
*To search for student contact information, login to FlashLine and choose the "Directory" icon in the FlashLine masthead (blue bar).

Academic Credentials Required from Institutions Outside of the United States

Academic credentials are the accurate and complete record of a student's academic coursework attempted at an institution, presented in either electronic format or paper format. These may include, but are not limited to: transcripts, detailed mark sheets, diplomas, degree certificates, provisional degree certificates, statements of marks, certificates of graduation, etc.

We cannot start processing an application until we receive all of the required admission materials, so please submit your academic credentials as soon as possible.  If your institution does not issue academic credentials in English, you must submit them in both the original language and a certified English translation.  Translations must be literal rather than interpretive.  Notarized documents and third party credential evaluations (WES, ECE) are not acceptable.

Whenever possible, please send official credentials to the International Admissions office as this is the preferred option.  However, for admissions purposes, we can accept scanned copies of academic credentials from institutions outside of the United States--please send them as PDFs to and be sure to include your Kent State ID number (a nine digit number that starts with 8...).  If you are admitted, you will be required to bring the original and official documents with you to be verified by the International Admissions office.

In some instances International Admissions may request that applicants submit a WES ICAP Evaluation for verification purposes. WES ICAP Evaluations can be found on this website:

International Admissions
Office of Global Education
106 Van Campen Hall
625 Loop Road
Kent, Ohio 44242
Phone: 1-330-672-7980