Graduate Assistant Position Verif
GRADUATE ASSISTANT POSITION
Available Spring 2014
DATE: December 2013
TITLE: Graduate Assistant, Verification
DIVISION: Enrollment Management and Student Affairs
REPORTS TO: Financial Aid Coordinator, Verification
Assists in the delivery of financial aid services, to provide financial access to Kent State University students while ensuring compliance with various federal, state, and institutional regulations. This position provides administrative support to the Verification Area and assists with the general functions of the Student Financial Aid Office, including reception services and the counseling of the students and families.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review student need analysis information (tax returns, tax transcripts, W-2 forms, worksheets, etc.) to verify that the FAFSA was completed accurately. Submit corrections to the federal processor as necessary.
2. Request documentation from students and parents that substantiates information being provided on the FAFSA.
3. Review need analysis reports.
4. Assist at the front counter and in the telephone services area as assigned and during peak times.
5. Provide walk-in counseling to students and families to ensure financial access to Kent State University.
6. Represent the Student Financial Aid Office at various outreach events throughout the University and surrounding community.
7. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, Associate Directors, or Assistant Directors.
1. The Graduate Assistant works a twenty-hour week during the fall and spring semesters, to be completed during normal business hours in the Student Financial Aid Office. A consistent weekly schedule is expected. The Graduate Assistant must come to work a minimum of four business days per week. A total of 300 work hours must be completed each semester to fulfill the terms of the employment contract.
2. The Graduate Assistant must be available to work 28 hours per week during the summer break. A tuition fee-waiver is not available during the summer.
1. The Graduate Assistant must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid each academic year. Employment is contingent based upon eligibility to receive Federal Work-Study funding.
2. Job performance will be evaluated on a semi-annual basis.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Associate Director, Student Financial Aid
Kent State University
800 E. Summit Street
Kent Ohio 44242